can somebody package libalfont ?

Dear Friends,
Please CC me if anybody replies

I know it's mighty late (as we are now in freeze) but is there
possibility of having libalfont at least in experimental or is this
going out ?

There was an ITP which was put up for this
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=465323 which never
came to anything. URL for source given as
http://www.helixsoft.nl/project_page.php?file_name=alfont.proj -
alfont 2.0.7

Then there is/was another contender via URL
http://chernsha.sitesled.com/ -alfont 2.0.9

Can somebody tell/share which one is correct (or both are ?)

Also came to know that 2.0.9 is broken and need to be patch with a
patch for it to work .

http://opensnc.sourceforge.net/alfont/

Few questions :-

a. Which of the above is correct/true ?
b. Is alfont living or going to live or die in allegro 5 ?
c. Would somebody be interested in packaging it ?

With the recent opengameart.org+FSF challenge (lpc.org)  I have been
seeing quite a few programmers take up allegro as the gaming library.
It perhaps might make things easier for them and indirectly making it
easy for me as well (being able to compile games without compiling
some of the dependencies as well).

At the moment, I am assuming that libalfont is being bundled in/with
allegro 5 ? From wikipedia article on allegro :-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegro_%28software%29#Allegro_5

"Many of the addons that existed as separate projects for Allegro 4
will be rewritten to interface more seamlessly with Allegro proper and
will be bundled with the default installation. Allegro 5 is intended
to be event driven."

Looking forward for any info.
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17