Re: pysolfc-cardsets review

Am Dienstag, den 21.02.2012, 08:02 +0800 schrieb Paul Wise:
> Not sure why you took the thread off-list, so I bounced your mail to the
> list and am replying there too.

Sorry, that was by mistake.

> No point in having anything other than role::dummy on pysol-cardsets,
> please remove the other ones. Same applies for pysol/pysolfc.

Done. (Haven't done much debtagging before...)

> > Adding comment to paragraph 55 and a lintian override okay?
>
> Add a comment, but not a lintian override. I wonder how the license is
> known but not the copyright holder.

Removed the override.

> No, adding an override is not appropriate when lintian is correct, nor
> for info/pedantic/experimental tags. Just ignore the warning and ask
> upstream to create a changelog.

Removed the override. Filed request at
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3491216&group_id=150718&atid=778743

> > Okay to leave? Can't think of much more information to add...
> > Or should I add an override?
>
> Overrides are not appropriate to add here. Take a look at
> warzone2100-data for an example of how to do this. You could describe
> all the individual cardsets or if there are a lot of them, just the
> major theme categories they fall into.

I've added a bit more information now, hopefully enough.
(There are about 150 cardsets, and I don't really know all the card games
they can be used for, so I can't really document every single cardset.)

> > I'm currently removing it in the override_dh_auto_install section of
> > debian/rules. I can forward this upstream (not really affiliated with
> > them, though).
>
> Please instead fix the script that generates the orig.tar.gz (and make a
> new tarball), no point having these files there either. Please do ask
> upstream about removing it.

Moved to uscan-dfsg-clean.sh. What about the rdfind and symlinks packages?
Is Build-Depends-Indep still the right place for them, or do I need something
more exotic now?
Upstream bug requesting file removal:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3491231&group_id=150718&atid=778743

> I'm aware that devref/policy say that tarballs should be as unchanged as
> possible from upstream, but these files and the dupes make the tarball a
> fair bit bigger than it could be.

> In addition to the .xvpics directory I am also seeing some .thumbnails
> directories that are installed in the package and that lintian missed.
> Please investigate if these are needed by pysolfc. If not, find what
> program produced them and then file a lintian bug asking them to detect
> them like they do .xvpics.

Removing .thumbnails directories from within uscan-dfsg-clean-sh now.
Filed debian bug 660797: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=660797

> If they are unused, please remove them from
> the orig.tar.gz too and talk to upstream about removing them.

Removed; plus, see upstream bug above.

> > Added to the override_dh_auto_install section in debian/rules. I'll
> > forward a request upstream.
>
> Please instead fix the script that generates the orig.tar.gz (and make a
> new tarball), you could potentially make it much smaller.

Done.

> Thanks for your work and please make the changes I suggested above.

Well, I didn't quite expect this amount of work when I just wanted to fix
an embarrassing Ubuntu fakesync of a mere game data pacakge in the beginning ;-)
Anyway, all changes are uploading to mentors now, so I hope the package's okay this time.

Regards
Bernhard