Re: pysolfc-cardsets review

Am Montag, den 20.02.2012, 17:29 +0800 schrieb Paul Wise:
> Hi,
>
> I took a look at pysolfc-cardsets and I see some issues:

Hi, and thanks for taking the time to review!

> Please update the debtags:
>
> http://debtags.debian.net/rep/todo/maint/pkg-games-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org#pysolfc-cardsets

pysolfc-cardsets is now tagged
    game::card
    role::app-data
    use::gameplaying
pysol-cardsets now also has those, plus
    role::dummy

Okay?

> lintian complaints that should be fixed:
>
> W: pysolfc-cardsets source: missing-field-in-dep5-copyright paragraph 55 copyright

I sat over this one with the original uploader (Miriam) for, I think, a
couple of hours, searching for cardset-mini's origin on the web -- to no
avail. Upstream has COPYRIGHT files in all cardset-* directories stating
copyright and license information, but for this one, there's only
license information, no copyright.

We found some of the card images on other websites and were able to
narrow down about when the cardset was included in pysolfc-cardsets, but
didn't find any copyright information. I also posted a request in the
pysolfc forum
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pysolfc/forums/forum/503708/topic/4880735 and sent an email to the maintainer, but didn't receive any reply.

I offered to remove the cardset, but Miriam said she'd rather have it in
the package 'cause she liked it and probably felt that this wasn't too
much of a problem threshold-of-originality-wise.
Adding comment to paragraph 55 and a lintian override okay?

> P: pysolfc-cardsets: no-upstream-changelog
>P: pysol-cardsets: no-upstream-changelog

There isn't really much information on the cardset bundle, nor are there
any changelogs for the individual cardsets. There are some sparse
changelog like bits on the pysolfc website
http://pysolfc.sourceforge.net/ but those are more for pysolfc (the
game, not the cardsets). As for pysolfc-cardsets, one can only see the
number of cardsets included in different versions. Adding a lintian
override okay?

> P: pysolfc-cardsets: data.tar.xz-member-without-dpkg-pre-depends

Fixed.

>P: pysol-cardsets: data.tar.xz-member-without-dpkg-pre-depends

Fixed by using xz compression only for pysolfc-cardsets, not
pysol-cardsets (which is a dummy package for transition).

> I: pysolfc-cardsets: extended-description-is-probably-too-short

Okay to leave? Can't think of much more information to add...
Or should I add an override?

> I: pysolfc-cardsets: conflicts-with-version pysol (<< 1:2.0)
> I: pysolfc-cardsets: conflicts-with-version pysol-cardsets (<< 1:2.0)

> pngcheck complaint (please remove .xvpics upstream):
>
> cardset-warwick/.xvpics/t.png  this is neither a PNG or JNG image nor a MNG stream
> ERROR: cardset-warwick/.xvpics/t.png

I'm currently removing it in the override_dh_auto_install section of
debian/rules. I can forward this upstream (not really affiliated with
them, though).

> There are a vast number of duplicate files, please fix that upstream. If
> that isn't easy to do, please workaround the issue by replacing all the
> duplicates by symlinks during the repack of the upstream tarball. Here
> is an example of this method from the megaglest-data source package:
>
> # Replace duplicate files with symlinks
> rdfind -outputname /dev/null -makesymlinks true debian/megaglest-data/
> # Fix those symlinks to make them relative
> symlinks -r -s -c debian/megaglest-data/

Added to the override_dh_auto_install section in debian/rules. I'll
forward a request upstream.

Am Montag, den 20.02.2012, 17:37 +0800 schrieb Paul Wise:
> BTW, there seems to some sort of bug in your translations:
>
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/pysolfc.html
> http://i18n.debian.net/l10n-pkg-status/p/pysolfc.html

I'll look into that, but that doesn't really affect pysolfc-cardsets,
just pysolfc, right?

Anyway, my pysolfc-cardsets fixes are in git, and a fixed source package
is on mentors.debian.net now.

Regards
Bernhard