FreeOrion

More to test different build systems than to actually produce anything
useful I have now been playing with FreeOrion building. I just
wondered if some of my work on debian packaging would be of interest
for Debian. I found that last(?) time FreeOrion was discussed here,
showstopper was:

Adam Borowski:
* [a show stopper] it requires Nvidia's CG Toolkit -- non-free
  non-distributable.  The upstream is in love in that piece of crock, and
  declares it is and should be mandatory.

 I don't know exact debian policies, but how can dependency that
debian *does* provide as installer, be total showstopper for packages
depending on it? I understand that installer package is not same as
package containing the stuff directly, but what's the point of that
installer package in the first place if it cannot be used as building
block for any other packages?

http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/nvidia-cg-toolkit

 Anyway, as I said, this is just tangential thing to what I'm actually
trying to achieve, not really important in itself (for me).

 - ML