Re: Debian Games Team Policy

On Sat, 14 May 2011 22:02:35 +0200
Siegfried Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> >> Not necessarily, libraries we maintain don't need them for eg.
> > Good point.
> > I changed the entry for binaries to say must, and added a note that
> > libraries do not need the files.
>
> What about text games (as in not having a GUI but running from the
> terminal). I don't believe it makes sense for those to have a .desktop
> file.

I have very little experience with these games - bsdgames seems to
ship a menu file (but no desktop files) (and is the only set of
terminal games i have).
OTOH, .desktop supports applications needing a terminal, so we could
if we wanted. The problem is the number of menu entries that would
result from (say) bsdgames being installed.
thanks,
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)