Re: Debian Games Team Policy

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Karl Goetz <karl@kgoetz.id.au> wrote:

> I always have an opinion :)

Me too..

> As it happens, I have some questions too.

Some answers...

> * when you say 'should have [eg. a desktop file] does this mean 'must'?

Not necessarily, libraries we maintain don't need them for eg.

> * can we require packages be in (D)VCS?. I'd definitely *NOT*
>  require people have the full upstream source in there. Thoughts from
>  others?

Yes please. I prefer not having upstream source in it, but both
options are acceptable. For SVN, we should instead use
svn-buildpackage's mergeWithUpstream mode IMO.

> * Why are there two pets? Whats the difference?

One is the old one that doesn't support git, the other is the new one
that supports git but is missing some stuff from the old one. Ansgar
can fill in the details here.

> * Related, can we try and streamline the sponsoring for games somehow?
>  is the wiki page now the place to look for sponsors, or is there
>  still multiple ways to go?

I think we will need to use the wiki page until PET supports git, then
we might be able to obsolete it. That said, some sponsors might prefer
source packages rather than VCS so maybe we need to keep it.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise