Re: Debian Games Team Policy

On Sat, 14 May 2011 14:24:27 +0800
Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Karl Goetz <karl@kgoetz.id.au> wrote:
>
> > * when you say 'should have [eg. a desktop file] does this mean
> > 'must'?
>
> Not necessarily, libraries we maintain don't need them for eg.

Good point.
I changed the entry for binaries to say must, and added a note that
libraries do not need the files.

> > * can we require packages be in (D)VCS?. I'd definitely *NOT*
> >  require people have the full upstream source in there. Thoughts
> > from others?
>
> Yes please. I prefer not having upstream source in it, but both
> options are acceptable. For SVN, we should instead use
> svn-buildpackage's mergeWithUpstream mode IMO.

I added the following wording:
 * The package must be in a (D)VCS as part of the games team. It can be
   Git or SVN, and must contain at least a debian/ directory.

It can probably do with more work, but its a start.

> > * Why are there two pets? Whats the difference?
>
> One is the old one that doesn't support git, the other is the new one
> that supports git but is missing some stuff from the old one. Ansgar
> can fill in the details here.

ok.

> > * Related, can we try and streamline the sponsoring for games
> > somehow? is the wiki page now the place to look for sponsors, or is
> > there still multiple ways to go?
>
> I think we will need to use the wiki page until PET supports git, then
> we might be able to obsolete it. That said, some sponsors might prefer
> source packages rather than VCS so maybe we need to keep it.

Just a thought, but perhaps people will still be emailing here asking
for sponsors, so perhaps they can upload a source package to
mentors/debexpo for sponsors who would rather review the actual
package.
Its been a while since i tried to get sponsorship in the games team, so
i don't really know what its like in reality.

thanks,
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)