Re: Debian Games Team Policy

On Fri, 13 May 2011 19:56:44 +0200
Evgeni Golov <evgeni@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi *,

Hi!

> as discussed in the last meeting (pabs, when will the next one be?),
> I've started (actually re-started) a wiki page for our policy:
>   http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Policy
> It has only very few points yet (based on the old page and our
> meeting). I will try to get more and post previews here on the list
> before publishing, and hope you all have some ideas too :)

I always have an opinion :)

As it happens, I have some questions too.

* when you say 'should have [eg. a desktop file] does this mean 'must'?
* can we require packages be in (D)VCS?. I'd definitely *NOT*
  require people have the full upstream source in there. Thoughts from
  others?
* IIRC this was discussed at the meeting after/as i left, so could
  someone clarify this? "Updating to the latest debhelper version is
  considered fine". Does this mean "bump compat and dependency to a
  supported version" or "replace with the current version in sid"?
* Why are there two pets? Whats the difference?
* Related, can we try and streamline the sponsoring for games somehow?
  is the wiki page now the place to look for sponsors, or is there
  still multiple ways to go?

thanks,
kk

--