Re: Standardizing various games packaging things across distros

On Thu, 5 May 2011 10:02:56 +0200
Richard Hartmann <richih.mailinglist@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 02:09, Karl Goetz <karl@kgoetz.id.au> wrote:
> >> games     Static data files for /usr/games (optional)
>
> > I feel "if the corresponding subsystem is installed" would mean "If
> > games are installed". Not sure how else we can read that section?
>
> The mix of "must" and "optional" is less than ideal, but I think you
> may be right after all.

I agree the mix is confusing.

> That being said, there is an effort underway to refresh the FHS

\o/

> [1][2], so it may be a good idea to find out what they are planning
> and/or to argue either way on their mailing list[3].

Against my better judgement I've just joined the list (even if its just
as an observer for now), i look forward to being flooded ;)

> Richard
>
> [1] http://www.licquia.org/archives/2011/05/04/fhs-refresh/

If they do manage to get the update out by july (which they are hoping)
i think its definitely something we (debian) could wait for before
making plans on how to proceed.
thanks,
kk