Re: Standardizing various games packaging things across distros

On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 11:43:26PM +0200, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> > Overall, I prefer Fedora's approach. Maybe it's worth bouncing this
> > off of debian-devel to get more input? _If_ this is changed, it should
> > be changed globally, preferably at the same time for a lot of packages
> > at once and become a release goal for next stable.
>
> If there are no serious reasons against it, I'd go for that too.

What are the serious reasons for it?  What advantages are there in aligning
with Fedora (and going against the FHS)?  The cost is -- at least -- changing
all our packages (DDPO puts that at 265).

I'd like to hear from some other distros to see who else does what before
considering such a move.

--
Jon Dowland