Re: RFS: quakespasm (2nd try)

On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 01:23:28PM +0100, Jon Dowland wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 11:38:51AM +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:
> > game-data-packager support for idQ1 (shareware or retail) would be great to
> > have, too.
>
> I'd like to provide that.  I think I have an experimental branch locally that
> works for my version 1.00 quake commercial data, afaik the shareware blob was
> compressed and split in a similar fashion (I'll push it tonight)

I was mis-remembering, the unpack.sh hacky script I posted to the list in reply
to a different ITP was what I had written.

However I've now reworked it and expanded it into a quake branch for gdp:

<http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-games/game-data-packager.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/quake>

It can handle a mounted CD-ROM or an unpacked game directory at present. I need to
support the shareware data too, and mixed/different case files and directories (as
this can happen with mounted msdos,vfat or ntfs directories; or structures created
by pure DOS programs such as quake's SETUP.EXE under dosbox); it would also be
nice to look for mounted ntfs partitions and the steam version of Quake if found.

I'll probably do an experimental release of gdp very soon with wolf3d, heretic and
this quake support.

--
Jon Dowland