Re: Quake versions [was Re: RFS: quakespasm (2nd try)]

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 21:16:23 +0100, Jon Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 12:30:34AM +0200, Stephen Kitt wrote:
> > They're actually not packed, they're just in a hopnotic or rogue folder on
> > the CD. I've pushed my changes to support both mission packs, and version
> > 1.06 of Quake, to the quake branch on git.
>
> I've just looked at this: awesome stuff!

Thanks!

> > I tried to change guess_method so that it would build all possible
> > packages using the available directory contents (the registered package
> > and both mission packs if everything is installed) but haven't got it to
> > work so far.
>
> I tried the same, in the quake_all branch.  It works for quake-registered
> and one of the mission packs for me, but other mission pack via steam has a
> different sum.

It works for me, with one caveat: OUTFILE only ends up holding the name of
the last package generated, so when running guess_method() on my Quake
installation (and generating all three packages), only the last one generated
is mentioned. That also means that if I asked for automatic installation
and/or cleanup, only the last package generated would be installed and/or
removed.

> > I'd also like to add a non-dying version of verify_md5sum so that
> > alternative sums can be checked, and upgrades suggested and/or applied
> > (Quake 1.01 to 1.06, and the glQuake fixes for Scourge of Armagon).
>
> Above is another reason to get this to work :-)

Indeed!

> I'm probably going to merge the current state of 'quake' to master very
> shortly, and I am considering 'quake_all', but would be happier with more
> testing on that one.

'quake' seems ready to me (I retested with your latest changes), but
'quake_all' not quite...

Regards,

Stephen