Re: Adding game into repos

On 08/05/10 02:40, Paul Wise wrote:
On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 11:51 PM, manuel<linuxuser-sky@gmx.de>  wrote:

Could you specify what high quality means?
Mostly I mean the stuff here:

http://wiki.debian.org/GettingPackaged

The links at the top are useful too.

Hi

I was just working me trough the list and there have some questions arised:

About the hardcoded paths. How is it done in general and in python especially.

Cause i tried to create the .pyKsoko dir in my home any python will not let me to do this.

So when you start the game it should try to create that dir and copy some templates there.
(# comented in 0.3.1 cause it is not working)

Or is is done with a script ??  I just don't know

Also as python code is not compiled thus the build system part and some of the
Pristine Upstream Source part apply to my project?

Thanks a lot

I dont think there should be any, I wrote the code and the designer gave me
all rights for the graphics also the levels. The sounds are from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sokoban/ and it is only stated as GPL on
Sourceforge.
Sourceforge only generally lists the main license, usually the
situation is much more complex. For example the tarball there only
contains license info in Conch.py, which is definitely not GPL.

Yeah I will try to find a replacement

Is it non free then or is it not possible to use CC license in debain repos?
Should be OK for the non-free section.

Will the game run if you don't have the music installed?
Yes it will run.
Great.