Re: parallel realities games (was: starfighter bugs, source package)

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 08:34:45PM +0200, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
>   "Please be aware, however, that game assets are Non Free and should
>   not be distributed as part of Linux or made available within any
>   source repositories that does not allow non-free assets"
>
> I wonder how we were able to package any of their games in Free
> (blobandconquer, blobwars, viruskiller).

Because that warning wasn't there when they were packaged; the
games were belived to be fully GPL, including the data.

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 01:33:43PM -0500, Matthew Lockner wrote:
> I take it someone tried asking them where they found the non-free content at
> least?  Even that much would go a long way.

http://www.happypenguin.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4725
(page 1 answers Sylvain's question, page 2 answers Matthew's)

The three links from
are worth reading too.

Regards,
Steve