Re: parallel realities games (was: starfighter bugs, source package)

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 11:47:41AM -0400, Barry deFreese wrote:
> I've been looking at the Starfighter code this morning.  There is a
> lot of work to do on it with regards to the non-free
> music/icons/images (not to mention the 15+ bugs).  Unless you have a
> lot of time to spend tracking down some authors/licenses/copyright
> (or to find replacements for the non-free content), I don't think we
> have much of a choice but to remove Starfighter, at least for now.

Given:

  http://www.parallelrealities.co.uk/about/

  "Please be aware, however, that game assets are Non Free and should
  not be distributed as part of Linux or made available within any
  source repositories that does not allow non-free assets"

I wonder how we were able to package any of their games in Free
(blobandconquer, blobwars, viruskiller).

The 'dsfg' status (undocumented in the copyright file) only refers to
some sound files afaics.

As the tarballs carry no information to clarify the licensing of gfx,
maps, levels, etc. (aside from "taken from various freely accessible
internet websites") I think they need either a public clarification
from upstream or a solid kicking to non-free.

--
Sylvain