Re: Fwd: Extremadura 2008 Debian Work Meetings

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 10:15:46AM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> >* Miriam Ruiz <little.miry@gmail.com> [080208 00:39]:
> >> It would be great to make a Games Team meeting there. Anyone would be
> >> interested?
> >
> > Yes, I would.  Anything on the agenda for such a meeting?
>
>  Me would be pretty interested, too.

I would be interested as well.

> About agenda, I can see at least two points that might be interesting
> to get discussed: the more important, bringing up some
> games.debian.net website with overview informations and clicking
> through with content of the thumbnails package, meta informations and
> similar, for a start.

Good idea.

> The other thing would be a discussion upon what git really could gain
> us with all its drawbacks and advantages so it doesn't boil down to
> only "why do we need to post more of it to this list" without any
> proper addressing of the advantages /for us/.

I'm not sure how long this would take, and if it makes sense to really
put it on the agenda.  I think we sort of agree that it is a good idea
to try it out with a package.  How about a demonstration, so someone
prepares to use git with a package, and will insert it before an
audience, so we can see how things work, and if it has benefits for us?

> * Barry deFreese <bddebian@comcast.net> [2008-02-11 19:10:31 CET]:
> > Yeah, what a pain in the butt that new bdefreese guy is. ;-)
>
>  Bad agenda. I propose instead "how to get barry motivated so we don't
> lose him".

I like that better as well. :-)  Seriously, I think it would be good to
talk about how to get/keep people motivated.  We can use Barry as the
main example during that talk. ;-)

> > Wish I could go.. :-(
>
>  What's the problem? I hope you are aware that with extremadura meetings
> the whole trip is sponsored, are you? It won't cost you a thing, if
> that's what you are worried about. As long as they see that the meeting
> is productive to some extend and there are results coming out of it they
> are more than happy with it. It's their way to thank Debian for what it's
> doing for them with providing what it's providing.

They only pay trips for europeans (maybe even only EU?)  However, AFAIUI
Sam has said that non-europeans can be sponsored by Debian.  So Barry,
please see if you can arrange that.  I look forward to seeing you again.
:-)

Thanks,
Bas

For more information, see http://pcbcn10.phys.rug.nl/e-mail.html