Re: Libraries only provides .a, no .so - Bullet physics engine

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 11:42 PM, Wen-Yen Chuang <caleb@calno.com> wrote:
> It is possible to provide .so, and it is proved to be working.
> However, maintainers have to handle all the ABI changes and select
> suitable so versioning. Upstream of Bullet does not support shared
> libraries currently.
>
> Do we have to provide .so?
> Or just provides .a, like what upstream suggests?

I'd go for just .a, and just a -dev package. I don't feel that every
single library has to be made into a .so (there's a library I
developed, and I don't intend to .so-ify it at all).

Ivan Vučica

OBJECT Networks :: www.objectnetworks.net
Cateia Games :: www.cateia.com