Re: Checklist for packaging games

2008/4/20, Vincent Fourmond <fourmond@debian.org>:

>   Just reacting quickly: I find it very unlikely that someone is ever
>  going to need game saves on two different architectures (with different
>  endianess, as this is the biggest problem). So I don't find this is an
>  important problem. Game data is a completely different story.

People changing computer usually save their home data and expect it to
work in the newer one. Game maps generated from game editors are
expected to work in different architectures. I guess it depends on the
case, but I usually take care of that in the packages I'm more
responsible of.

Conceptually, I think that all the game data stored should be able to
be handled independently of the architecture the program is run on.

Miry