Re: Newer vegastrike : can we package that big ?

Hi!

* Jack Coulter <jscinoz@gmail.com> [080416 09:53]:
> Not sure if this would work, but what if you simply had a data-repository
> package that contained nothing but the custom sources.list for
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ [..]

... probably the keyring for that repository, too.

> [..] and had all the games with -data packages (which
> would be on the main archive) depend on it, and thus, the first time
> someone tries to install a game with a -data package it would add the
> repository.

Probably not depends, but recommend.  Just because we have our own
repository and can activate it by installing a seperate package doesn't
mean we can ignore policy regarding the current definition of main.

> Although the problem is it would need to be done in two apt operations,
> apt-get update would need to be called in between installing the repository
> package, and actually installing games.

Yes, but where is the problem?  The current suggested solution would
still be to have games as well as minimal -data packages in main (or
contrib if you can't provide a minimal -data package).  Games packages
having a huge -data package in the seperate repository / section could
recommends the keyring/sources.list-addition package, which would make
it as easy as possible to install it.

Not a very nice solution, but the best we can without bending the policy
in a way, which shouldn't be done.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander