Re: Newer vegastrike : can we package that big ?

Hi,

Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> Does it really need to be an additional archive? I would propose
> to use an additional archive section, like "data" and provide a
> convenient way for mirror operators to opt this section in.

I like this idea, but I believe there should be two sections for free
and non-free data (e.g. data and data-non-free).

Packages in main could be then allowed to depend on free data packages,
but this would lead to a problem:  If the chosen mirror does not offer
the data section, there would be uninstallable packages in main...
Of course this could be solved by adding another mirror to the
sources.list, but it seems a bit complicated (when should it be added
and based on which choice?).

Regards,
Ansgar

--
PGP: 1024D/595FAD19  739E 2D09 0969 BEA9 9797  B055 DDB0 2FF7 595F AD19