Re: Newer vegastrike : can we package that big ?

I demand that Simon Ruggier may or may not have written...

> On 4/12/08, Jens Seidel <jensseidel@users.sf.net> wrote:
>> This would not help people without network connection. Maybe building the
>> data package from source (calling raytracers to generate images, ...)
>> would allow to rebuild the 500MB package in many hours from a 50MB package
>> which could be distributed in Debian?

> This is an acceptable option, if one wants to save space, but then it puts
> a lot of CPU pressure on the buildds to regenerate the data.

Should they really be building from source which is only used to create
arch:all packages? (Well, yes, perhaps pick one at random from a set which
excludes the slowest and see if the build succeeds...)

[snip]
| + Lobby friends, family, business, government.    WE'RE KILLING THE PLANET.

Scotty: "It's comin' apart, lad!"