Re: debconf, debcamp and webbased goplay

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 10:17 PM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

>  Something along the lines of this mail I haven't sent yet (except to
>  enrico and #d-d-g).
>
>  http://paste.debian.net/51353

I caught enrico's opinion about this on IRC:

<pabs> I'm wondering if you saw this email I forwarded you yet?
http://paste.debian.net/51353
<pabs> it is being discussed on d-d-games a bit now
<pabs> (in the debconf thread)
* enrico reads
<enrico> seen the thread
<pabs> cool
<enrico> I wouldn't bother too much coming up with a perfect solution
now, though
<enrico> IME, you collect the data and bloat games-thumbnails first
<enrico> then at debconf, you walk up to some ftp master, dpkg guy and
the like, and say: "how do we do this better?"
<enrico> then from there you start the discussion
<pabs> I was thinking similar. and perhaps in the meantime send djpig
a patch to let packages.d.o use the games-thumbnails
<enrico> sure indeed
<enrico> the more uses you have for it, the easier it is to have a
productive discussion with a larger group of very informed people
<pabs> indeed
<pabs> do you mind if I post this discussion to the thread?
<enrico> no, by all means, go on
<pabs> thanks, doing so

--
bye,