Re: debconf, debcamp and webbased goplay

2008/3/18, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org>:

>  Perhaps an apt archive for screenshots - like there is for translated
>  descriptions would work?

Well, the thumbnails are just the minimal architecture for
screenshots. There should be a proper screenshot design of its own,
allowing multiple screens and/or videos to be uploaded, identifying
which version of the package(s) they belong to, which language set,
author, date, and all the metadata related. This should be implemented
for Debian as a whole, not just for games. There should be a policy
defined about whether package maintainers had any special right or
influence on the screenshots of the games they maintain, and something
should be decided about the way the data should be distributed.
Probably needs to be online.

I tried to keep thumbnails as simple as possible, as I don't want to
overlap both projects. If someone really wants to get us started
working in the screenshot project, I would be willing to help. Right
now I don't have the time to lead that project myself.

>  Something along the lines of this mail I haven't sent yet (except to
>  enrico and #d-d-g).
>
>  http://paste.debian.net/51353

That would be cool!

Miry