Re: free game engines, non-distributable game data and how to ship them

Hm, gmane hates me today, so resent via mail.

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 14:15:19 +0100 Ivan Vucica wrote:

> CNC1 was recently released as freeware (not free software), it might
> be interesting to package freecnc into contrib + free CNC1 data into
> non-free. I did not study licensing for free CNC1, so I don't know if
> such kind of redistribution is allowed. But might be worth looking
> into.

Here are two links:
http://www.commandandconquer.com/intel/default.aspx?id=61#NewsMain
http://www.fileplanet.com/55414/0/section/Command-&-Conquer

It seems mirroring is allowed, will have a look if repackaging is too :)