Re: Team Members MIA

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 12:37 AM, Eddy Petrișor <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com> wrote:

>  > 1 joeyh
>
>  Joey has stated clearly he is displeased with our organization and they
>  way we're handling the source package. He would really love to see us
>  using git (and I must say, I really understand him now).

What are his suggestions as to the organization? Archive link would be
great :)

With regards to the old svn vs git: It is easily possible to use a svn
server with a git client. The reverse is impossible. While it is true
that you are losing information when merging back, git could easily set
properties in the svn tree to keep track of its own branches and merges
and simply treat the svn version as one large branch. With the next
release of subversion, merging and tagging thereof will be better as
well so git-svn could probably use that information to map what is
happening into its own branch handling.

Long story short, svn allows more people to choose their tools freely
and does not prevent anyone from using the full power of their tool of
choice.

>  But, unfortunately, we kind of do... mainly because we didn't managed to
>  find a really suited way of making upload requests. Maybe we should
>  really revisit Reinhart's REVU and put it online somewhere.

An extra list like debian-games-devel-mentor (yes, yes, an ugly name)
which DDs involved & interested could filter higher in their inboxes? No
idea if there is any need, or want, for this, though. DDs' thoughts?

Richard