Re: Writing get-orig-source targets to conform with policy

* Andres Mejia <mcitadel@gmail.com> [2008-02-17 05:10:01 CET]:
> I have two questions. First question is;
>
> Is it at all possible to write a get-orig-source target that calls an external
> script to handle generating the orig tarball?

 Why shouldn't it?

> The problem I'm facing is when the get-orig-source target is written like:
>    get-orig-source:
>         debian/external-script
>
> It works fine under the package's top directory, but fails under any other
> directory, for instance, /tmp.

 Why does it fail there? It just make's no sense...  But hmm, well, what
do you mean with /tmp? You can't call from /tmp any debian/rules in any
other directory than in the current one, dh_testdir is always applied.

 If you are having problems with a noexec mounted /tmp you should have
the same problems with debian/rules because it isn't called as argument
to make but as it were a program on itself.

 So long,
Rhonda