Re: list of orphaned / RFA games

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 11:59:30PM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> No, I didn't check throughoutly that those packages were not useful in
> some small corner case. They all have been orphaned, some of them for a
> long time, some of them are RC buggy too.
>
> I'm perfectly fine with you adopting them all and keeping them in a
> releasable state. However, there are more than 300 orphaned packages.
> Are you going to adopt them all, or could we work on removing the ones
> that look the less useful?

Of course not. I'm not arguing that we shouldn't keep _all_ packages.
Sometimes it does make perfect sense to remove some of them.

But I must admit that I'm more in the "let's keep/fix them"
than in the "let's drop them" camp when it comes to orphaned packages.
Removals should be the absolutely last measure and used very carefully
and seldom, IMHO.

Cheers, Uwe.