Re: Possible Transition from SVN to Git?

        Hi!

 Even if this propably will be another mail from me that you simply
ignore and don't feel the need to respond to, like with the problems of
your BTS mails, I still think I should add some comments.

* Andres Mejia <mcitadel@gmail.com> [2007-12-31 03:06:13 CET]:
> I have used git-buildpackage and maintain a package that's maintained
> at git.debian.org. I've seen the many advantages that git has over
> SVN.

 Like? If you claim that there are many advantages that git has over SVN
it would be more than interesting to state them, otherwise such a claim
goes to /dev/null.

 I personally can't see much advantages in git over SVN, especially with
that it's not that easy to get partial checkouts, that most people do
put upstream sources into the git repository too out of "easiness" but
which would explode our tree. git ist just yet another version control
system, and your mentioning of the git-commit -a rings some alarm clocks
on me: it effectively means that one would much more easily fumble and
add backup files or whatsnot that don't belong in the repository. How
regularly do you rename files in the debian subdirectory anyway? And in
how many packages do you use different branches appart from trunk?

 Personally I'm very cautious when following the latest hypes just for
the sake of it. git is still young, it is in major development, and I'm
not convinced yet that its current support and enthusiasm will be like
that for the longer time.

 So long,
Rhonda