Re: Possible Transition from SVN to Git?

On Dec 31, 2007 1:28 AM, Simon Ruggier <simon80@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/31/07, Andres Mejia <mcitadel@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Maybe I shouldn't have said "main advantage" for this one, but it's an
> > advantage nonetheless.
>
> Indeed, and if you don't use the -a argument, git-add lets you
> manually control what gets commited, so you can test a change before
> adding it to your pending commit.  Both forms are better than the way
> svn add works, if you ask me.

Well if anyone is interested, I've started working on the issue with
git-buildpackage not being able to import just the debian directory. I
have a patch and submitted a bug report for git-buildpackage.
http://bugs.debian.org/458428

Feel free to improve on the patch if you wish. Next, I'll be working
on getting git-buildpackage to build a package from a repository with
the upstream files.