Vegastrike and copyright problems
I was wondering if someone is (in charge of|particularly attached
to|very interested in|mostly responsible for the packaging of)
vegastrike. There are a couple of serious issues I filed recently:
* missing information in debian/copyright (#445048), which I did start
to update in the SVN;
* a nasty licence conflict within two of the files I came across while
surveying copyright notices (#449475).
The latter cannot be resolved by anything else than removing and
therefore potentially reimplementing. So far, I got no answer
whatsoever. There is no rush, but here is the information I'd like to
get from people more knowledgeable than me in vegastrike packaging:
* Are the src/boost* files actually used for building ? I had the
impression it is building against the debian libboost. If they are not,
they could be removed from the package: that would save both space and
hundreds of useless copyright notices (and as the package is already
repackaged, that doesn't matter much).
* Are the src/cmd/collide/prapid.* file also used ? IMHO, these files
make vegastrike distribution illegal, which is somehow awkward.
* Apparenly, version 0.4.3.debian-2 (and maybe -3) was REJECTED. Is
that true ? Why ? I couldn't find a REJECT mail on the pkg-games lists.
As I mentioned before, these issues are not extremely urgent, but that
would be nice to resolve them before, say, Christmas ;-) ?
Vincent Fourmond, Debian Developer
-- pretty boring signature, isn't it ?