Re: RFS: pingus/0.7.2-1

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 04:38:07PM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Bas Wijnen <wijnen@debian.org> [2007-11-06 16:09:25 CET]:
> > I haven't checked the package this time, but have these issues been
> > looked at:
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2007/09/msg00495.html
>
>  About adding (XS-)DM-Upload-Allowed back in, I'm indifferent. Given
> that quite a lot people have svn access and can happily add themself to
> the Uploaders field and a maybe not well checking DM adding upload
> permissions for others is something that should be get into the heads of
> people first.

Well, the whole point of being a DM is that they are trusted to care for
the package.  The practical case here is Miriam, and I certainly trust
her to upload only proper packages (and not just whatever happens to
have been added by anyone to svn).

But it might be good if Miriam would request the addition herself.

>  About the Homepage: field in the source part of the control file: If
> this gives you a lintian error then your lintian is propably outdated.

I didn't actually check, and would expect lintian to be updated by now
indeed, perhaps it was back then as well. :-)

>  About the other things you mentioned I'm not sure if I can add anything
> useful. Anyway these things are nothing that would hold me back from
> uploading it, and like I said it already lies signed in my to-upload
> queue, so changes to that pretty please to a new changelog entry, KiBi
> already tagged it properly, too.

Yes, I wasn't suggesting to change the upload, I just wanted to make
sure the things I found weren't forgotten.

There is one thing I would like to know from anyone who knows, and
that's the lintian override.  I'll quote my original question:

> There is a lintian override installed, which isn't documented in the
> changelog.  Why is it needed?  (In other words, what rare situation do
> you have here, which warrants an override instead of a lintian bug?)

Thanks,
Bas

For more information, see http://pcbcn10.phys.rug.nl/e-mail.html