Re: Stepping out

On 03/11/2007, Barry deFreese <bddebian@comcast.net> wrote:
> Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> > * Barry deFreese <bddebian@comcast.net> [2007-11-02 21:06:32 CET]:
> >
> >> Apparently I seem to cause too much raucous within the team so I guess I
> >> will step out.
> >>

> >  I rather thought it was me who made KiBi leave, not you. I can just
> > guess on that because he doesn't respond, but ...  :/
> >

> I cannot speak for KiBi but for me it was not you at all.  I just seem
> to consistently to the "wrong" thing for eddyp and I have irritated kaol
> twice already.

Whoa! C'mon! My intention was not to drive you away.

You have been more than competent, IMHO. There are just small glitches
from time to time, as any of us has.

I surely don't have a bad eye for you, I just chose to look closer at
you. Consider it a favour ;-)

> And I don't quite seem to understand the dynamics.  I'm trying to

Don't worry, you jumped into a moving train, is normal.

> understand why scorched3d was never uploaded and can't get a response.

1. there aren't enough uploaders in the team to start with
2. the ones which are might not be interested in/paying attention to
that package

> Foobillard is a mess and I can't get a response.  And my fear is that if
> I just start working on them to what I think is right, it will just be
> wrong like in the case of adding watch files to the glest packages.

That package is an exception by itself because of the weird upstream.
I am sorry  for that, but my hands are tied. I have tried to contact
upstream several times, but the success was limited (to say that in an
positive way).

> However after talking to Miriam last night she has convinced me to hang
> on so I guess you are stuck with me for a while yet. :-)

Glad to hear that.

> Granted part of that is a personal problem on my part.
>
> *double hugs*, :-)

We *all* make mistakes. I'll take my share of blame and acknowledge
that I was too focused on your commits for a while, mostly, not
because of your own wrong doing, but for someone else's. I apologise
for this.

EddyP