Re: RFS: prboom (updated package)

Please, lets stop this thread. I don't want it to be turn into a
discussion on whether Marco is a good guy or not. Lets move forwards.
He's welcome to become part of the team in the future again, but I
think it makes sense that some members of the team want him to go
slowly on it and regain their trust. I think it's kind of sensible. A
team can only work if most of the members trust each other, cooperate
and comunicate, and it has nothing to do with only having good faith,
but also with interpersonal relationships within the team. In no way
I'm trying to judge anyone, this is not about that.

We cannot have such a conflict into the team that some members might
not be able to trust the team as a whole (even with the mistakes some
of us often make) and have to be rechecking stuff constantly. The
team's purpose is to make it easier for everyone, not about adding new
obstacles. If one person is becoming an obstacle for the team, as much
as I'm hurt about it, and as nice as that person might be, the
situation might not be stable enough for proper work. Please don't see
it as elitism, it's not. It's just about human relationships and
communication and trust between members of the team, not about being
right or wrong, nor about wining or losing. This is not about any of
us being better than other or any crap like that, but about finding a
way of working together, I'm not sure if I'm making any sense, but to
sum it all up, this is nothing against Marco personally (at least on
my part), but about the whole team being comfortable working with him.

It's easy for him to regain the team's trust, I'm pretty sure of it,
by continue cooperating with the team. It might be through patches
instead of svn commits for the moment, but that shouldn't be an
obstacle for it, and it might be good to keep learning. I personally
like and appreciate when other members of the team spend some of their
time reviewing my changes and improving some of the stuff I've done,
or helping me correct the mistakes I might make. Nobody's perfect,
please don't take it personal. Of course, any changes he might do
through those patches, when accepted and commited by someone in the
team, will be added to the changelog with his name, he won't lose any
public recognition because of all this.

I guess there's nothing more to say from me about all this. I hope
this thread won't turn into a personal fight between any of the
subscribers of this mailing list.

Kisses,
Miry