Re: RFS: prboom (updated package)

Hello,
I am not a team member but I have been watching this thread, and because I do work a lot with Marco (KMOS) I would like to do some comments.
>The bad thing is that he seems to think to work outside the team,
>producing patches outside the team and offering them for upload outside
>the team is a good thing. I'd like you to *not* encourage such behavior,
>thanks. It is actively working against what the team is about, what the
>word team means in it's core.
I see a sense of "elite" here, like you must be part of the club to participate on the club, this is not about open source, yes, there are teams, there are QA rules, there are policies, coordination, supervisions/mentoring, still, you can participate *with* a team without "joining" it as long you do it on a reasonably fashion. If you participate with too many teams (which is Marco's case) you can not "join" them all. He already admitted is failures and accepted the SVN access removal as a proper action, why do you need to kick him by making it look like the problem is that he is working alone without any concern for what other people say ? I do review some of Marco's packages for other project, when I provide him a proper explanation without that (KEEP OUT) warning he fixes the problem and reuploads the package. The problem is not just about him, it is also about how some Ubuntu/Debian hopeful contributors are treated.

>Yes. Of course it's o.k. to make most mistakes while learning, and I
>hope Barry won't get mad with me about mentioning him explicitly now
>but he clearly shows that it's acceptable to do some mistakes.
I thought doing mistakes was something universally accepted as human. Not repeating them is smart.

>What is *not* OK is to ignore requests on clearification and actively
>working against the team. By uploading a team package without
>communicating with the team, adding changes to it outside of team's
>scope, not trying to get the changes in this shows that one doesn't care
>about the team.
This statement assumes bad faith from him, your are clearly concerned *ONLY* with the team, not with the ability to bring a new member to it, or to turn his collaboration into a more positive practice.

Best regards,

--
João Pinto
IRC: Lamego @ irc.freenode.net