Re: RFS: prboom (updated package)

* Bart Martens <bartm@debian.org> [2007-10-31 08:02:58 CET]:
> Hi Marco,

 Why don't you reply to Kmos' mail when you just respond to his parts
but use mine instead?

> The good thing is that you seem to be motivated to contribute to Debian,

 The bad thing is that he seems to think to work outside the team,
producing patches outside the team and offering them for upload outside
the team is a good thing. I'd like you to *not* encourage such behavior,
thanks. It is actively working against what the team is about, what the
word team means in it's core.

> and it really OK to make some mistakes while learning.

 Yes. Of course it's o.k. to make most mistakes while learning, and I
hope Barry won't get mad with me about mentioning him explicitly now
but he clearly shows that it's acceptable to do some mistakes.

 What is *not* OK is to ignore requests on clearification and actively
working against the team. By uploading a team package without
communicating with the team, adding changes to it outside of team's
scope, not trying to get the changes in this shows that one doesn't care
about the team.

 I think it's pretty clear with actions like this that the games team is
not about setting high barriers for joining, nor does removing of people
from commit access happen too lightly; and if people are really
refraining from joining the team because of the mess that Kmos produced
I'm sorry - because I simply don't understand, because I wouldn't think
someone thinking about joining the team would even remotely think about
torpedoing the team like he did.

 So long,
Rhonda