bad committers

Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Jon Dowland <lists@alcopop.org> [2007-10-27 18:43:05 CEST]:
>> I've removed the prboom.xpm icon that was added to prboom
>> trunk. It is clearly derived from the cacodemon sprite in
>> doom.wad / doom2.wad which are copyright ID Software, all
>> rights reserved. I suppose a freedoom sprite could be used
>> to derive an icon, not sure how good that would look.
>
>  As this was yet another short sighted commit done by Kmos, can I
> *please* get /any/ reaction on how the team plans to go on with such
> cases? I've seen after the thread that I started yet another person
> added - and I hope that there had been checks done on that person and
> not the former habit of blindly accepting people just when they ask
> continued.

I totally agree with you. I set a personal goal to be really harsh releated to
problematic changes for which a reply to my comments is not send in due time.

I already have a pending revert (change made by bdfreese).

>  Especially, if the team wants to be liberal in adding people it should
> also be liberal in removing them again - otherwise the team is pretty

I also agree with this, too.

>  I haven't got any real reaction to the thread other than that Kmos
> should be given the chance to speak up, though I haven't seen any
> reaction, and I doubt that it will come any time soon, yet though I
> have seen another commit from him changing the changelog of a package
> removing a whole entry - which makes the package he uploaded to mentors
> void. I really hope that noone is going to sponsor the tennix package

Was this after the discussion about him? If so, I guess we could kick him out
and if he feels he needs to be back, I guess he would have to reply to your/our
concerns/questions.

>  I'm sorry, if this is the kind of quality and the sort of management
> the games team is looking for I propably will have to pull wesnoth from

no, at least *I* don't feel this is the level of quality we want.

> the svn again, because this is not the kind of quality approach that I
> can feel comfortable with or that I want to be associated with.

Please, instad of running away from the problem, please, let's face it directly.
You can count on my support on this.

BTW, I have read a little about ACL implementation in SVN and it can be
implemented, but is a little bit tricky. If anybody is interested to talka bout
this/experiment, please contact me in private. If not, I will try to find some
time for the experiments (but I fear that this is a technical solution to a
social problem, as Rhonda suggested on IRC).

> P.S.: There has been quite interesting discussions going on about him in
>    #ubuntu-motu where he managed to piss quite a lot of people off too
>    with his not thinking and especially not learning from mistakes
>    style. I was copied some of the more sever parts to some pastebin,
>    unfortunately they have expired, but <http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/> has
>    them all.

That is interesting, sort of. Why not put it in your ~ on d.o or maybe team's
http ~ on alioth?

EddyP