Re: prboom icon removed

* Jon Dowland <lists@alcopop.org> [2007-10-27 18:43:05 CEST]:
> I've removed the prboom.xpm icon that was added to prboom
> trunk. It is clearly derived from the cacodemon sprite in
> doom.wad / doom2.wad which are copyright ID Software, all
> rights reserved. I suppose a freedoom sprite could be used
> to derive an icon, not sure how good that would look.

 As this was yet another short sighted commit done by Kmos, can I
*please* get /any/ reaction on how the team plans to go on with such
cases? I've seen after the thread that I started yet another person
added - and I hope that there had been checks done on that person and
not the former habit of blindly accepting people just when they ask
continued.

 Especially, if the team wants to be liberal in adding people it should
also be liberal in removing them again - otherwise the team is pretty
much hosed. Adding bad apples and then not thinking about removing them
again because it might cast a bad light onto the team is just wrong. It
casts a much worse light onto the team if people commit stuff that they
can't have tested at all - or, what would be even worse, tested and
ignored that it failed.

 I haven't got any real reaction to the thread other than that Kmos
should be given the chance to speak up, though I haven't seen any
reaction, and I doubt that it will come any time soon, yet though I
have seen another commit from him changing the changelog of a package
removing a whole entry - which makes the package he uploaded to mentors
void. I really hope that noone is going to sponsor the tennix package
from mentors because its version doesn't match the svn state of that
very package.

 I'm sorry, if this is the kind of quality and the sort of management
the games team is looking for I propably will have to pull wesnoth from
the svn again, because this is not the kind of quality approach that I
can feel comfortable with or that I want to be associated with.

 So long,
Rhonda
P.S.: There has been quite interesting discussions going on about him in
   #ubuntu-motu where he managed to piss quite a lot of people off too
   with his not thinking and especially not learning from mistakes
   style. I was copied some of the more sever parts to some pastebin,
   unfortunately they have expired, but <http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/> has
   them all.