Re: supertux 0.3.0

On Sat, 2007-01-06 at 04:09 +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se> (05/01/2007):
> > - Changing from fullscreen to window and the reverse results in a
> >   crash with this message: Fatal: Unexpected exception: St9bad_alloc
>
> I wasn't able to reproduce this, neither with the ``SDL version'' nor
> with the ``OpenGL version'', with amd64/powerpc boxen, with
> nvidia/radeon drivers. Could you please tell me the driver you're using
> and your architecture (as well as the version you tested)?

I was using the supertux-prospective/2 packages, but now tried
supertux-prospective/3 and everything seems to work fine. I'm using
supertux on i386 with the r200 driver (Radeon 9100).

> > - You have selected /usr/share/games/pixmaps/supertux.xpm as the icon
> >   for the launcher, but supertux.png would be a better choice. (It's
> >   larger and better suited for a desktop icon).
>
> At the very beginning (first builds), I modified the broken path to the
> PNG image, but IIRC an XPM image is wanted. If this sounds OK for you,
> I might override the (upstream) XPM image with a copy of the PNG one,
> exported to PNG format.

XPM is only required for the Debian menu system AFAIK. Almost all of my
launchers in the GNOME menu uses PNG icons. Anyway, if it's easier for
you I think it would work equally well to simply convert the PNG to XPM
and use the same icon for both menu systems.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson