Re: ITP: 2pong -- It's a pong clone, but a one difference-It's played, with two balls.

Hi,

I reuploaded the old package (with bumped policy version :) at
http://archive.daniel-baumann.ch/debian/packages-tmp/2pong

Besides that it doesn't build with GCC4 atm, there is as already
mentioned, a legal issue:

---snipp
License (src/CSprite.*, src/CSpriteBase.*):

       Copyright (C) 2001 Marius Andra <http://cone3d.gamedev.net/>

       You can use the code for anything you like.
       Even in a commercial project.
       But please let me know where it ends up.
       I'm just curious. That's all.
---snapp

I remeber that I've tried to contact both the upstream of 2pong, and the
upstream of the particular code without success (bouncing email
accounts), to request the necessary change from 'But please [...]' to
the weaker (and DFSG compliant) 'It would be nice if [...]'. With this
current copyright statment, it can not go into Debian.

I'm trying again to reach them right now. If the email addresses still
do bounce, and no other way of communcation is possible with them, the
ITP should be closed.

Regards,
Daniel