Re: ITP: 2pong -- It's a pong clone, but a one difference-It's played, with two balls.

Hi!

* Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org> [060728 10:23]:
> ---snipp
> License (src/CSprite.*, src/CSpriteBase.*):
>
>        Copyright (C) 2001 Marius Andra <http://cone3d.gamedev.net/>
>
>        You can use the code for anything you like.
>        Even in a commercial project.
>        But please let me know where it ends up.
>        I'm just curious. That's all.
> ---snapp
> I remeber that I've tried to contact both the upstream of 2pong, and the
> upstream of the particular code without success (bouncing email
> accounts), to request the necessary change from 'But please [...]' to
> the weaker (and DFSG compliant) 'It would be nice if [...]'. With this
> current copyright statment, it can not go into Debian.

Why is that non-free?  "But please..." seems to me very clear to be just
a suit not an demand.  It's not "But you must let me know...", isn't it?

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander