Re: scorched3d

(CC:ing fenio as former scorched3d maintainer. sorry if you receive this
twice)

STATUS UPDATE.

I succeeded to contact Gavin Camp, who is the lead developer of
scorched3d. I forwarded him the forward ported patches for consideration
for the cvs at sourceforge [1].

[1] http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=85144

Anyway, I hope that I don't miss too many hunks (I had to remove some
the get the beast compilable). I have committed my results to our svn.

Changes I did:

 + dropping of mergeOnUpstream mode (sorry, this was too painful for me,
   and I think we agreed that we don't want that)
 + running autoconf at build time (I have to edit some Makefile.am and
   the configure.ac. Besides, Upstream was using automake1.6, urks, but
   scorched3d seems to compile fine with automake1.9 as well).
 + split out fenios 64bit patches into 2 dpatches: cast-fixes [2] and
   [3] netserver-fix.

[2] http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-games/packages/trunk/scorched3d/debian/patches/02_cast-fixes.dpatch?op=file&rev=0&sc=0
[3] http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-games/packages/trunk/scorched3d/debian/patches/03_netserver.dpatch?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

First, the netserver-fix patch as is doesn't work with the version
(release 40) in svn. I forward ported fenios old patches first to
current cvs and then backwards to release 40. Most probably I lost some
hunks there. But anyway, ever after carefox examination, I didn't see
too much point in them. I rather looks to me (I had fuddl a look at this
as well), that it only pulls a cast upwards the call stack.

Fenio, can you please comment on this? I think that it can be dropped, I
already asked Gavin for comments, but he didn't respond yet.