Default fullscreen mode

Hello,

I have a problem in my laptop, in that if I run a game and the game
wants to go fullscreen, it's likely to set a video mode that won't play
well with the LCD screen, and it's also likely that if I kill the game,
the video mode won't be restored.

As a consequence of this, every time I install a new game I need to go
through the manpage to find out if it has an option to turn on and off
full screen, and what it is, and how to use it.

After restarting X yet another time, and having problems finding the
right switch for prboom, I started wondering if it wouldn't be a good
idea to decide an env variable that tells games if they should start by
default in fullscreen or in a window.

Do you think it makes sense, and it's worth the effort?

Ciao,

Enrico