Re: Do we need a home page and a logo?

On 4/12/06, Stefan Potyra <sistpoty@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Am Mittwoch 12 April 2006 00:52 schrieb Eddy Petrişor:
> > NOTE: The proposed approach has a possible pitfall: the license of the
> > swirl is one and the icon in question might have another one which is
> > incompatible.
> >
> > By "game console (joystick)" I mean something like [1] or [2].

> Does anyone remember [3]?

> Thinking in a totally different direction, I just made [4] (too bad I'm lousy
> with s.th. almost but not completely different from ascii). Maybe it will at
> least give some inspiration ;).

> [3]: http://tiber.tauware.de/~sistpoty/pix/joystick.jpg
> [4]: http://tiber.tauware.de/~sistpoty/pix/debian-games.png

I don't think we want to go into giving that image to the Debian Games
Team effort. A retro (read „runs on deprecated hardware") look is not,
IMHO, a good way of creating an image for ourselves. We need to show
that we are active and we are in pace with the trends while still
showing we belong to Debian.

Showing old hardware and ASCII art is not fitted for this, while
shadows, lights, sprites, millions of triangles and textures over them
should be the image we want to show.

Hope this helps

EddyP