Re: Do we need a home page and a logo?

On 4/11/06, Jon Dowland <lists@alcopop.org> wrote:
> At 1144706468 past the epoch, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> > Anybody out there who can draw nice logos?
>
> I created the following for my own doom-related repository:
> <http://debian.halfcoded.net/logo.png> (the man is a sprite
> from freedoom)
>
> What kind-of thing do people think would best represent the
> project?

I was talking today with Miriam about my idea: I think that a game
console over a Debian swirl should be nice. One idea to do this would
be to create the logo starting from the swirl and a game console
(joystick) from an icon or something like that.

NOTE: The proposed approach has a possible pitfall: the license of the
swirl is one and the icon in question might have another one which is
incompatible.

By "game console (joystick)" I mean something like [1] or [2]. It
would be nice to have a revamped console image in order not to have
trademark issues and similar crap.

Sadly I don't have the talent do display neither my mind image of the
logo, nor a schetch...

[1] http://www.connectedhomemag.com/Articles/Images/xbox_controller-s.jpg
[2] http://www.connectedhomemag.com/Articles/Images/Sony_PS2_new.jpg
EddyP