Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 20:35:55 +0200
From: Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org>
To: debian-i18n@lists.debian.org, debian-dpkg@lists.debian.org
Subject: Requirements for a system with translated package descriptions

Hello all

I speak with doodgie (Adam Heath) in a irc chat and he say this:
<hartmans>      grisu: I think your case would be better served by writing up clear requirements (and +no,
+use gettext is not a valid requiremen t, at least not with the justification given so far) rather +than
+discussing design or implementation.  Pretend you are the customer and the dpk g-team are a bunch +of
+consultants and try to write up the same requirements spec you would give those consultants.
<doogie_>       tell us what you want.  not what you want done.

ok, we have some discussion on debian-i18n and I put this all on
  http://auric.debian.org/~grisu/ddtp/translated-description-requirements.txt

Maybe you have time and send some comments or add some new points.

Thanks.

Gruss
Grisu
----- End forwarded message -----