Re: Every spam is sacred

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003, Jesus Climent wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 01:00:43PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> > The DSBL is not software, it's more like a free service, since it's
> > part of the DNS. We can use this free service by doing DNS queries, or
> > by downloading the zone files ourselves, but the end result is the same.
> >
> > Are you proposing that we reject free services?
>
> Aren't we rejecting free documentation because is "Not Totally Free" (tm)
> (that is, does not completelly follow DFSG) ??

I repeat: a DNSBL is not software, nor documentation, it's an opinion,
or the reflect of a fact ("the DSBL server has received a message
saying "listme" from IP "foo" and contains cookie "bar").

If we refuse to use anything we can't modify (when it's not software),
we would have to stop reading the RFCs, but I don't think this would
be a good thing for free software.