Re: Every spam is sacred

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Duncan Findlay wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 02:18:57AM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> > Perhaps we like receiving the huge amounts of spam we receive at our
> > @debian.org addresses so much that we can't even think of blocking
> > some of it?
>
> We should not take steps toward blocking e-mail towards everyones
> @debian.org e-mail. This should be up to each individual developer.

recipients_reject_except = duncf@debian.org

Problem solved.

I agree every developer should be able to be on this variable by
request, but if we were able to block 50% or 60% of spam by a very
simple method and with very very few false positives, it would be
stupid not to estimate how many false positives there would really be
and we will never know whether or not there will be many, few or no
false positives until we try it in warn mode.