Re: Generally accepted cut-off limit for -doc packages

On 5 May 2003, Oliver Elphick wrote:

> James has chosen to set the cut-off point at 500kb, which is
> reasonable.  This doesn't seem to be a policy issue at all, but just a
> matter of the archive maintainer's judgment.  A few years ago it might
> have been set lower, because there were fewer packages and downloading
> took (on average) more resources.
>
> I should just accept his decision.
I really do not have problems to accept James's decision.  I'm just
asking for a piece of documentation.  If new maintainers try to do
a good job and will be pushed against their head I do not regard this
as a very good introduction.  If debian-policy is not the right place
for this documentation we should maintain a document with "ftpmaintainers
preferences" or whatever.

Kind regards

         Andreas.