Re: Generally accepted cut-off limit for -doc packages

On Mon, 5 May 2003, David B Harris wrote:

> > But large amount is quite fuzzy here.  James "defines" this as an
> > absolute amount of ~500k.
>
> I agree with James. A user likely won't care about an 50k of
> documentation, and will likely start getting really pissed off if they
> have to install two packages just to the 50k of documentation that comes
> with the package.
Well for 50k I would also agree, but we are talking about

auric:/org/ftp.debian.org/incoming/REJECT> ll loki*doc*
-rw-rw----    1 troup    debadmin   218108 May  1 16:03 loki-doc_2.4.6-1_all.deb

and the question is: "Where is the documentation for the limit?"

I repeat:  I do not care about whatever limit - I just care for the
place where new maintainers who just not have the right feeling for
"generally accepted cut-off limit for -doc packages" can look for the
acceptable limit.

Debian is based on technical stuff not on a feeling for acceptance.

Kind regards

          Andreas.