Re: Generally accepted cut-off limit for -doc packages

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 10:12:10PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I really do not have problems to accept James's decision.  I'm just
> asking for a piece of documentation.  If new maintainers try to do
> a good job and will be pushed against their head I do not regard this
> as a very good introduction.  If debian-policy is not the right place
> for this documentation we should maintain a document with "ftpmaintainers
> preferences" or whatever.

Would it be suitable to put it in the New Maintainer's guide? I have
been working through the guide off and on for a while. So far I have
found it quite useful. I think it even recomends ways to double check
for existing packages, which is why I can't find anything to ITP. :-)
Since new wannabe maintainers (like me) who like to do things right the
first time will read the guide, it seems the right place for it. I think
it would be suitable to put it in Section 3 - Modifying the Source.

Luck,
--
Matthew P. McGuire <gray AT shadowglade.net> 1024D/E21C0E88
CB82 7859 26B2 95E3 1328  5198 D57A D072 E21C 0E88